Are you an adult with an intellectual disability who wants to live more independently, by yourself or with others, and move into a place of your own one day? If so, why not become a “TIFSter”!
What is TIFS Toronto?
TIFS (Trying It on For Size) is a model of support, which helps you gain experience living independently. You participate in short-term stays in an apartment where you can learn and further develop your independent living, confidence and decision-making skills.
TIFS takes one full year to complete.
How will TIFS Toronto Help Me Live More Independently?
TIFS Toronto offers you a chance to work with a coach who will:
- Review the skills you need to live more independently
- Help you figure out what you’re good at and the things you need to improve on to live independently
- Create a one-year plan and schedule with you focusing on the areas you need to work on to be more independent within the next year
TIFS Toronto’s 12-month commitment involves:
- Making sure you have the time, money and support of those around you so you can stick with the program
- Leaving your home for a short period of time so you can experience living on your own or with a roommate in an apartment setting
- Being motivated to work on your goals
- Listening to feedback from your coach so you can learn how to do things better or differently\
Who Do I Contact?
For information, contact Sunday Cvetanovic, firstname.lastname@example.org or 647.726.0129