Person directed planning helps a person with a developmental disability to find the supports they need to live their dreams and meet their goals.
It can help people with developmental disabilities to:
- define a vision of their future life,
- identify their strengths and gifts,
- set goals and make choices,
- find ways to participate in their communities,
- locate people who can help them achieve their dreams.
A community agency can provide this kind of support, or families and people with developmental disabilities may want to use the funding they receive to pay for person directed planning that they choose themselves.
For more information please see the links below: