Developmental Services Ontario Toronto Region
Developmental Services Ontario Toronto Region (DSO Toronto Region) makes it easier for adults with developmental disabilities and their families to apply for services and supports. Services are available in both English and French.
DSO Toronto Region, located at Surrey Place Centre, is designed to help people live with more independence and choice by identifying what supports they need to achieve their goals.
This means that adults with developmental disabilities will have:
- the ability to access information, confirm eligibility for services and support needs, and link to services and supports;
- an easy way to apply for developmental services in their community – one place to go to find information, have eligibility confirmed and be assessed for service needs; and
- less duplication and a fairer, more consistent and transparent application process for everyone
Developmental Services Ontario
Ontario’s new single window to developmental services and supports for adults with developmental disabilities officially opened its doors in nine regions across the province on July 4, 2011.
Adults with developmental disabilities who are eligible for service are being assessed in a consistent way. It is easy and it is fair.
Developmental Services Ontario:
- provides information to individuals and families about community programs and resources
- confirms eligibility for services and supports
- determines service and support needs
- links people to services and supports, and
- will administer direct funding agreements in the future.
These are the agencies that provide DSO services in the nine regions:
- York Support Service Network, also known as Yor-Sup-Net Support Services Network: Central East Ontario (Durham, Haliburton, Northumberland, Peterborough, Simcoe, Kawartha Lakes and York);
- Sunbeam Residential Development Centre: Central West Ontario (Dufferin, Halton, Peel, Waterloo and Wellington);
- Contact Hamilton for Children’s and Developmental Services: Hamilton-Niagara (Brantford, Haldimand/Norfolk, Hamilton Wentworth and Niagara);
- Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca, also known as Algonquin Child and Family Services: North East Ontario (Cochrane, Muskoka, Nipissing, Parry Sound, Timiskaming, eastern Kenora District along Hudson and James Bay coastline);
- Lutheran Community Care Centre of Thunder Bay: Northern and North West Ontario (Algoma, Kenora, Manitoulin, Sudbury, Rainy River, Sault Ste. Marie and Thunder Bay);
- Extend-A-Family: South East Ontario (Hastings, Kingston, Lanark, Leeds, Grenville, Lennox, Addington and Prince Edward County);
- Community Services Coordination Network: South West Ontario (Middlesex, Oxford, Elgin, Huron, Bruce, Perth, Grey, Essex, Chatham-Kent and Lambton);
- Surrey Place Centre: Toronto;
- Service Coordination des Services: Ottawa and Eastern Ontario (United Counties of Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry, United Counties of Prescott-Russell, Renfrew County)