A Free Event on Wednesday October 18, 2017• 1:00pm – 8:00pm
The Warehouse Event Venue at Downsview Park
35 Carl Hall Road. Unit 2, Toronto, Ontario, M3K 2B6
THE DAY INCLUDES:
- Information from Toronto based agencies on services and supports for transitional youth (16 years of age and older) and adults (18 years of age and older) with a developmental disability.
- The opportunity to explore purchasing services with your Passport dollars.
- Information on fee for service programs.
- Agency and Community Partner presentations:
- 1:15pm-2:00pm: DSO Access to Services, Supports and Passport Funding
- 2:15pm-3:00pm: Panel Discussion: What you can do while you wait for funded services
- 3:15pm–4:00pm: Yellow Brick Road: Self-Advocate discussion, activities and personal reflection inspired by the characters in the Wizard of Oz
- 6:00pm–6:45pm: DSO Access to Services, Supports and Passport Funding
- 7:00pm–7:45pm: Panel Discussion: What you can do while you wait for funded services
- Opportunity for families to speak to dsto agency staff, self-advocacy groups and family groups.
- More information will be available on the Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) website as we get closer to the event. Please check in for updates at www.dsotoronto.ca
- Presentations from the Fair will be available for viewing after the event at www.connectability.ca
- This is a free event and no pre-registration is required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Contact Mia Tremblay at 647-729-1158 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Developmental Services Ontario Toronto Region (DSO TR) website at www.dsotoronto.ca
35 Carl Hall Road, Unit 2, Toronto, M3K 2B6
For driving directions, please visit: maps.google.ca
Via the TTC:
- Take Line 1 (Yonge-University) to Sheppard West Station (formerly Downsview Station).
- From Sheppard West Station, take the 101 Downsview Park bus west. This bus will drop off at 35 Carl Hall Road. The bus picks up every 20 minutes at Sheppard West Station.
- To return to Sheppard West Station, take the 101 Downsview Park bus east from 35 Carl Hall Road.
De l’information sur les services aux personnes ayant une déficience intellectualle sera disponisble en français.